Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Fonts not loading on deployed site

edited December 2015 in Bug Reports
Just noticed yesterday that the fonts on my site aren't being loaded, and I get a 404 in each request to a font. The fonts are definitely there on the server, in /assets/fonts/, yet if I access the URL directly, I get a 404 page, too. Images work fine, though. Is there anything I'm missing?

Comments

• edited 3:50AM
    That sounds like it may be an issue with your web server. Make sure your web server is setup to serve up the different font types.
  • Usually it's at lack of access rights on the files/directory for the web server user account. set the whole ./assets/fonts directory structure to 777 (full read/write for everyone) and see if that fixes it. If so, then set the owner to your web server account (www-data?) and then dial down the access rights to something more sensible.
    Thanks for the replyes guys. Even setting the fonts folder to full permissions didn't solve it, I'm simply transferred to the FuelCMS's generic 404 page.

I do not see the full structure of the server, only a folder dedicated to this one website. Could it be there's an .htaccess sitting somewhere in another folder above, preventing such file types from being downloaded?
    Are you able to access other file types in the assets/fonts folder (e.g. perhaps try putting an image in there)?
    Sorry, I don't recall if I tried that, it's been a few weeks now. After hours of scratching my head I ended up simply adding an @import in the CSS that links straight to Bootstrap's CDN and loads the font I need :)

Thanks for the help!