Broken cache issue

edited May 2015 in Installation
A client of mine is reporting that the CSS for a Fuel site is broken more often than they are happy with. I know of the type of problem, but have only seen it once or twice. It manifests itself with HTML pages with no CSS - refreshing the page cache always fixes it.

The site is undergoing constant change in the code base, and content, so in a sense a broken cache is to be expected now and then. The issue is preventing it happening. What recommendations would you have? Could it be just an asset cache issue, or Dwoo? I think it comes down to the link href pointing to a non-existent CSS/PHP file, but whether that is because a Dwoo cached page has an expired link, or the asset cache has failed to regenerate, I can't be sure yet.

I've just set the output type to 'combine' on CSS rather than TRUE, to see if this makes a practical difference.

Comments

• edited 2:44PM
    I've seen that happen too and yes, clearing the cache fixes it. I run about x20 Fuel sites but have only seen it on this one site which happens to be one of the first I built.

Could it be Fuel version related issue do you think? My problematic site is v1.0...
    I've seen it intermittently on versions 0.93 to 1.2.

I anticipate it is related to the output type, as it seems more likely when that is set to TRUE (eg combined + whitespace strip etc) than otherwise, and may be server related.
    I'm not sure if you have any sort of build script or after commit hooks, but you can clear the cache via the command line or a web hook. More can be read about web hooks here:
    > php fuel/manage/clear_cache
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/caching
  • edited May 2015
    Sadly although I'm using SVN locally, I'm just connecting live via Netbeans ftp. But I like the idea, but am yet to see how to create a hook for the IDE. need to brush up my skills on that front.