FUEL CMS 1.0 Beta on GitHub

2»

Comments

• edited 12:06PM
    Any updates as to when 1.0 will be officially stable?
    No firm date. Still working on parts of it. We are however using it exclusively for new projects and I am encouraging more people to use the 1.0 branch as we get closer.
    Is it possible to make the changes said in the last comment of this topic: http://getfuelcms.com/forums/discussion/comment/1610/#Comment_1610 ?

Because I'm sick off doing this all the time.... and I'm guessing that I'm not the only one....

Thanks
    adaragao, is this something specific to your host and mod_security? If so, do you have specifics as to what the rule is and the reason it's rejecting it?
    Yes, I have the mod_security in Apache, activated on the host, and I prefer to maintain it that way. But others my not have the option to deactivate, depending on the host. And this is really a simple solution.
    What's the specific rule causing that error? Is it any file with the word "cookie" in it?
    Well, if I create a html file on the views folder, it is found and show, maybe is with the word "cookie" with the extension .js, it's hard to tell... What I know is that renaming the file works.
    I'm sorry this is an issue for you, but we can't make a decision to change the file name at this point until we are able to understand the rule that is causing the error and whether it is something specific to your setup or not.
    A little search on the Web say that others CMS had the same problem and confirm that is the mod_security on Apache that filter the library and/or words, depending on the Apache configurations.

And I have seen here others with the same problem with the FUELCMS, like me and had posted the solution more than a year back... and if I didn't see that post a few months ago I couldn't use FuelCMS.

But of course the choice is your, no problem, at least there's a solution. :)

Thank You.
    Can you guys recommend a way to pull down the 1.0 branch using Git? I have a fuelcms repository that I tried creating a 1.0 branch on and then doing a fetch/merge, but all kinds of conflicts appear and I just want to pull down the current version of 1.0 without merging those 1.0 changes into the master branch.

Should I initialize a new git repo just for 1.0, or is there a way to have a 1.0 branch on my local alongside the current master branch?

Thanks,
    Erik
    In short, yes there is. The repo itself exists like that. Was this repo initially created with the master 0.93 branch and now you are creating a 1.0 local branch and trying to merge in the 1.0 branch from GitHub? It's highly possible that you may need to resolve some conflicts in order for them to exist side by side though.
    CodeIgniter 2.1.4 released today! Will we see it updated for Fuel?
    Yes. Not sure when yet but the 2.1.4 changes look pretty minimal so don't expect any issues (in fact the Migrations library fix was something we already had in FUEL):
    http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/changelog.html
    I understand that 1.0 has made significant improvements to in-line editing. I also understand that on-page editing and editing from Admin now go through the same code.

One of my challenges under 0.93 is that when there are more than a few items to edit on a page, the page loads extremely slowly....so slow that it becomes effectively unusable. The issue appears to be time to load the javascript.

Does 1.0 improve this? Right now I have to make several pages editable only through Admin, and others get restrictions on the number of items I allow to be edited directly from the page.

If 1.0 does not improve it, does it pass the problem on into Admin?

Thanks.
    I have a project built on FUEL CMS 0.9.3 (CodeIgniter 2.0) and now need to upgrade the FUEL CMS from 0.9.3 to 1.0 Beta with CodeIgniter 2.1.4.

In my project, AIHE Content is being used at admin panel to manage the front-end content. How can we migrate this module from FUEL CMS 0.9.3 to 1.0 Beta.

I would appreciate if you kindly provide us some suggestions to address this tasks. It will be very helpful to go ahead on the project.
    In general, I would download a copy of 1.0 beta and migrate over your models, libraries, views and configs MY_fuel.php, MY_fuel_modules.php and MY_fuel_layouts.php. Start there and see how far you get. You could also try a get merge as suggested here:
    http://forum.getfuelcms.com/discussion/comment/4826#Comment_4826
    Thanks for the quick support.

It would be very appreciable if you can suggest on how to use AIHE Content within 1.0 beta FUEL CMS.
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you are referencing with regards to "AIHE Content".