Problem installing fuel cms on Ubuntu 11.10, apache 2.2.20

edited March 2013 in Installation
Hi

when browsing to localhost/index.php
I get this:
Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: index.php

Here are the relevant lines from index.php:

define('INSTALL_ROOT', str_replace('\\', '/', realpath(dirname(__FILE__))).'/fuel/');
$system_path = INSTALL_ROOT.'codeigniter';
$application_folder = INSTALL_ROOT.'application';

echo $system_path gives: var/www/fuel/codeigniter, that seems correct.

Please help.
Thanks!

Comments

• edited 10:56PM
    Is there a forward slash before "var"?
    Sorry,
    yes there is.
    The output is: /var/www/fuel/codeigniter
    That seems correct to me if your index.php is located in the /var/www/ folder. This error is happening right off the bat in the index.php bootstrap and would be a similar issue with a normal CI install. Have you installed CodeIgniter and worked with that on your server before without issues?
    No, I have not installed Codeigniter before.
    OK. Are you perhaps using some sort of symlink? You could try with a straight download of CodeIgniter too if you are wanting to take FUEL out of the equation.
    Just installed Codeigniter and it works.
    I'm out of ideas...
    Perhaps just hard code that system path folder instead of using the INSTALL_ROOT constant. I'm assuming that the fuel/codeigniter folder exists too with your installation. If that doesn't fix it, I think you'd need to debug the index.php bootstrap which is very similar to the CI bootstrap but with a few additions you shouldn't have to worry about for this.