Trying to access the keys of the foreign key field in view

edited October 2017 in Bug Reports
Hi,

So I have successfully added the foreign key feature between 2 of my custom modules the first module i.e., awards has press_release id's associated to it in the database table.

Before adding the foreign key feature I was using the below fragment to get the awards from database into the view.

$award_list = fuel_model('awards', array('find' => 'all', 'where' => "type='Awards'", 'order' => 'visible_order desc', 'limit' => 2));
I tried making many edits to the above function in order to get the name column from the foreign key associated table. I tired referring to the documentation http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/models#highlighter_805078 and made necessary edits by changing the find parameter to 'key', but nothing worked.

Here is my awards model

class Awards_model extends Base_module_model{

public $required = array('title', 'type');
public $unique_fields = array('slug');
public $foreign_keys = array('press_release_id' => array(FUEL_FOLDER => 'pressreleases_model'));

public function __construct(){
parent::__construct('awards');
}

function list_items($limit = NULL, $offset = 0, $col = 'id', $order = 'asc', $just_count = false)
{
$this->db->select('id, title, type ,business_category, press_release_id, visible, visible_order', FALSE);
$data = parent::list_items($limit, $offset, $col, $order, $just_count);
return $data;
}

function form_fields($values = array(), $related = array()){

$fields = parent::form_fields($values);

$fields['slug'] = array('type' => 'slug', 'linked_to' => 'title');

return $fields;
}

}
Also I would like to display name of the press_release_id associated in the admin panel as well of the awards admin listing.
So, could you please suggest a way to use fuel_model function to get the foreign key table fields.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 9:50AM
    Is $award_list returning an array of "Award" record objects? Also do you have an Award_items_model specified?
    Yes, $award_list returns an array when passed find => 'all' with fuel_model function.
    No, I don't have an Award_items_model specified, the above shared code is the only model code I am using.
    You'll want to make sure that your Model has a record class associated with it as well. This link provides an example half way down. So one class that extends Base_module_model and another class that extends Base_module_record which usually resides in the same file:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple