Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Trying to access the keys of the foreign key field in view

edited October 2017 in Bug Reports
Hi,

So I have successfully added the foreign key feature between 2 of my custom modules the first module i.e., awards has press_release id's associated to it in the database table.

Before adding the foreign key feature I was using the below fragment to get the awards from database into the view.

$award_list = fuel_model('awards', array('find' => 'all', 'where' => "type='Awards'", 'order' => 'visible_order desc', 'limit' => 2));
I tried making many edits to the above function in order to get the name column from the foreign key associated table. I tired referring to the documentation http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/models#highlighter_805078 and made necessary edits by changing the find parameter to 'key', but nothing worked.

Here is my awards model

class Awards_model extends Base_module_model{

public $required = array('title', 'type');
public $unique_fields = array('slug');
public $foreign_keys = array('press_release_id' => array(FUEL_FOLDER => 'pressreleases_model'));

public function __construct(){
parent::__construct('awards');
}

function list_items($limit = NULL, $offset = 0, $col = 'id', $order = 'asc', $just_count = false)
{
$this->db->select('id, title, type ,business_category, press_release_id, visible, visible_order', FALSE);
$data = parent::list_items($limit, $offset, $col, $order, $just_count);
return $data;
}

function form_fields($values = array(), $related = array()){

$fields = parent::form_fields($values);

$fields['slug'] = array('type' => 'slug', 'linked_to' => 'title');

return $fields;
}

}
Also I would like to display name of the press_release_id associated in the admin panel as well of the awards admin listing.
So, could you please suggest a way to use fuel_model function to get the foreign key table fields.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 1:04AM
    Is $award_list returning an array of "Award" record objects? Also do you have an Award_items_model specified?
    Yes, $award_list returns an array when passed find => 'all' with fuel_model function.
    No, I don't have an Award_items_model specified, the above shared code is the only model code I am using.
    You'll want to make sure that your Model has a record class associated with it as well. This link provides an example half way down. So one class that extends Base_module_model and another class that extends Base_module_record which usually resides in the same file:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple