Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Issues in rendering the block on front-end

edited November 2017 in Installation
Hi admin,

Here is my setup, I have created a page in the back-end which is mapped to a layout suppose 'my_layout'. All the fields are rendered properly in the front-end except for the block which is associated to one of the layout variables.
Please find the below for reference:

$config['layouts']['my_layout'] = array(

'fields' => array(
'Header' => array('type' => 'fieldset', 'label' => 'Header', 'class' => 'tab'),
'page_title' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_page_title')),
'meta_description' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_meta_description')),
'meta_keywords' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_meta_keywords')),
'Body' => array('type' => 'fieldset', 'label' => 'Body', 'class' => 'tab'),

'heading' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_heading')),
'page_active_top_menu' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_page_active_top_menu')),
//the below section is not rendered in the front-end
'section_1' => array('type' => 'block', 'folder' => 'menu_folder'),

'breadcrumbs' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_breadcrumbs')),
'page_title_header' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_page_title_header')),
'section_2_1' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_section_2_1')),
'section_2_2_class' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_section_2_2_class')),
'section_2_2' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_section_2_2')),
'section_2_3' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_section_2_3')),
'section_3' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_section_3')),

'body' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_body'), 'type' => 'textarea', 'description' => lang('layout_field_body_description')),
'body_class' => array('label' => lang('layout_field_body_class')),
)
);

//here is the block field description
$config['blocks']['menu_block'] = array(
'fields' => array(
'page_active_top_menu' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_page_active_top_menu')),
'sub_menu_container_class' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_page_active_sub_menu_class')),

'background_image' => array('type' => 'file','label' => lang('layout_field_backgroundbanner')),
'background_banner_url' => array('type' => 'text','label' => lang('layout_field_background_banner_mob_url')),
'backgroundmob_image' => array('type' => 'file','label' => lang('layout_field_backgroundmobbanner')),
'background_banner_mob_url' => array('type' => 'text','label' => lang('layout_field_background_bannermob')),
'active_menu' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_page_active_sub_menu')),

'banner_text_content' => array('type' => 'textarea','label' => lang('layout_field_page_banner_text_content'))
)
);
After the above code, I am able to save the block variables in the admin panel at the page level, but I am not able to see the block code being rendered.
Note: I have tried with have the file inside _blocks/menu_folder/menu_block.php, also I have tried removing the file from the _blocks folder and having an admin driven block created from the admin panel named menu_folder/menu_block but in both the cases I am not able to see the html rendered.

Comments

• edited 5:20PM
    The block field will create an array variable with the name of the variable being the name of the field (e.g. menu_block), the keys being the field names, and the values being the values submitted in the form:
    <?=$menu_block['page_active_top_menu']?>
    Does your layout / view file have that variable passed to it?
    Does your layout / view file have that variable passed to it?
    I am using the admin panel for passing data, the only code that I am using is the above my_fuel_layout.php code shared.

So you suggest that for accessing the variable values inside the blocks HTML code, I have to use the variable as
    {$menu_block['variable_name']}
    right?
    Yes. The block field type saves variables as a key/value array.
  • edited November 2017
    I sorted the Issue, I was trying to call the section_1 in my layout file like we call general fuel_vars.
    <?php echo fuel_var('section_1'); ?>
    instead when I replaced the above code with the one below, things worked
    <?php echo fuel_block('menu_folder/'.$section_1['block_name'],$section_1); ?>
    Thanks Admin..