Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Having trouble creating a WYSIWYG field using the Form Builder

edited April 2014 in Bug Reports
I have the following field defined, but the editor never shows up :s

$fields['Profile'] = array(
'type' => 'wysiwyg',
'editor' => 'markitup',
'display_label' => FALSE,
'required' => FALSE
);

$this->form_builder->set_fields($fields);
$vars['business_form'] = $this->form_builder->render_divs();

No javascript errors or other errors on the page...what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited 12:27AM
    You should also add the line:
    $this->form_builder->load_custom_fields(APPPATH.'config/custom_fields.php');
    You may also need to define some other javascript configuration variables that FUEL uses too for paths. You may also need to create a global variable called "jqx_config" that has properties like so:
    jqx_config.assetsImgPath = "<?=img_path('')?>"; jqx_config.editor = 'ckeditor';
    Or you can include the fuel/modules/fuel/views/_blocks/fuel_header_jqx.php file.
    Awesome, CKEditor is showing up now, but all of the 'type' => 'text' fields became textareas so I just dropped the 'type' => 'text attribute and all is good.

I didn't need the jqx_config, but not I need to modify which options are available on the editor. Where would I set this?
    There are a few ways to do this depending on where all you want the settings to apply:

1. The fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php file has a "ck_editor_settings" configuration parameter you can change

2. There is a "editor_config" you ca set as a parameter:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/forms#wysiwyg

3. You can set a javascript global variable object on your page of "jqx_config.ckeditorConfig" which will get looked at before rendering.
    How do I include jqx.js? In my header block or is there a way to added it through a config file?
    Actually,

Can you provide a simple example of a controller that users the form_builder to build a form that includes a WYSIWYG field (ckeditor).

I'm getting all kinds of javascript errors, but CKEditor shows up but it looks a little funny.

Very frustrating :(
    This is the error that I'm getting now:

TypeError: 'undefined' is not a function (evaluating 'fuel.getModule()') from custom_fields.js line 76
    You may need to include the fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/global.js as well.