fuel_model returning empty?

edited November 2016 in Modules
I have a simple module and it works on the backend. I added one record, but now when I call the model from the frontend, my query returns empty:
$vars['display'] = fuel_model('gallery', array('find' => 'all')); var_dump($vars['display']);

This returns empty. Any idea why? What can I change in my model that might be affecting this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited 9:00PM
    Here's the beginning of my model code. I omitted a lot of functions because the post was too long.

<?php if (!defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); require_once(FUEL_PATH.'models/base_module_model.php'); class Gallery_model extends Base_module_model { public $required = array(); function __construct() { parent::__construct('zwell_gallery'); // table name $this->load->model('galleryvariables_model'); } function list_items($limit = NULL, $offset = NULL, $col = 'zwell_gallery.master_order', $order = 'DESC') { $this->db->select('id, slug, layout, published, featured', FALSE); $data = parent::list_items($limit, $offset, $col, $order); return $data; } function _common_query() { parent::_common_query(); // to do active and published $this->db->order_by('master_order DESC'); } } ?>
    SOLVED:
    My 'published' field was set to TINYINT(1, 0) rather than ENUM('yes', 'no'), so my queries were never seeing the published records.
    Glad you figured it out. You can set the model's $boolean_fields property to include the "published" field. This will allow you to toggle the published state in the list view. Also, this behavior takes place in the Base_module_model::_common_query() method which you can override in your model. It looks for fields of "published" or "active" that are enums or are specified in the $boolean_fields property on the model.