How to prevent view cache in one controller method?

edited November 2016 in Share
I have a view that uses some frequently updated data from a remote source, in fact the updates could be arbitrary. The view is being cached though, & I'd like to turn off cacheing (but keep the assets cached). Is this possible?

Comments

• edited 8:47AM
    Is this a page from the CMS? If so, you can check the "no" radio for the Cache option in the CMS.
    No it's a regular controller view. I tried using the headers to prevent cacheing, and the asset library continues to optimise and concatenate the scripts & css, which is what I wanted, and it all seems to work. I just wondered if there was a "Fuel way" of achieving this!

Does Fuel augment Codeigniter's cache behaviour in these situations?
    FUEL uses it's own caching library separate from CodeIgniters:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/libraries/fuel_cache
  • edited November 2016
    Yes - I use this a lot now with all sorts of resources - queries especially like so:
    // try cache $cache_id = 'mycache'; if(!$data = $this->fuel->cache->get($cache_id)) { $this->load->model('data_model'); $data = $this->data_model->find_all_array(NULL, 'last_modified DESC'); $this->fuel->cache->save($cache_id, $data, NULL, 3600); } // ....use the $data as intended

But there is no "exclude from cache" in its methods? Ultimately I used this:
    $this->output->set_header('Last-Modified: ' . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . ' GMT');('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0'); $this->output->set_header('Pragma: no-cache'); $this->output->set_header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");