image asset management via database

edited April 2016 in Share
Hi ive had an idea to have images stored in the database with relevant alt and title tags.
I currently want to be able to use the same library calls so it can be used without having to re-code loads of controllers, models. So the only way i can see to do this is by extending the following classes
Upload, Asset, Formbuilder could you please advice on any classes i may of missed or is there a better way to do this. I also need to be able to store and view the images in the control panel with the alt tags and tiles being editable.

Comments

• edited 10:33PM
    Most of that work happens here:
    fuel/controllers/assets.php (could change the route for this to be your own controller)
    fuel/libraries/Fuel_assets.php (could create your own class and use FUEL()->attach('assets', $my_asset_obj_instance);
    fuel/models/fuel_assets_model.php (you could use module_overwrites to point to a different model entirely http://docs.getfuelcms.com/modules/simple#overwrites)
    OK cheers will investigate more
    Could all the above be done in a seperate module and how do i change the route for fuel/controllers/assets.php to be my own controller
    You could definitely create your own advanced module. In your advanced module, you can create a fuel/{module}/config/{module}_routes.php file that has the routes you want including one that can overwrite the fuel/controller/assets route (advanced module routes get loaded before the fuel routes in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel_routes.php file)