How to include css file for a specific view?

edited May 2014 in Share
How can I include a css file only for a specific view in FuelCMS? Something along the lines of:
if (!empty($is_blog)):
echo css('blog').css($css);
endif;
If this is possible, where should I set the $is_blog variable so that it's recognized in the header.php block?

Comments

• edited May 2014
    You can set a variable called $css and then in your header.php file do something like the following:
    <?php if (!empty($css)) : echo css($css); endif; ?>
    In your specific view file you can use fuel_set_var at the top of your view file:
    <?php fuel_set_var('css', 'mycss')?>
  • edited May 2014
    Could you please elaborate on the meaning of css('blog').css($css);
    I can't seem to find the relevant document in the user guide section.
    And also please tell me what is 'mycss' in your code. Is it the name of a css file? What about its path?
    Thank you
  • edited 11:06AM
    Basically you have your header file look for a variable called $css (first piece of code above). This should be located under the html -> head tag. That variable's value will be the name of the CSS file you want to include and should be located in the assets/css/ folder (in the example above it would have been assets/css/mycss.css ... the extension is optional for the css function).

Then in you view file, you add the fuel_set_var code (second piece of code above) at the top. This will set the variable with the name of "css" to be "mycss". Does that help.
    Thank you very much for your help. It's clear now. Just two more question:

1- Is the "css()" function documented anywhere in the user guide? If yes, where? and if no, why?

2- I understand the meaning of css($css). But what's the meaning of "css('blog').css($css)"? This piece of code is found in the default header file installed by fuelcms.

Kind regards.
  • edited May 2014
    Hi again,

There is an 'echo' missing in your code. It should be this:
    if (!empty($css)) : echo css($css); endif;
  • edited May 2014
    Ah... yes. Thanks. I've updated it above too.
    Regarding your question about the "css" helper function, there is some documentation that can be found here:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/helpers/asset_helper#func_css
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/libraries/asset

Regarding:
    echo css('main').css($css);
    The css function simply outputs a link tag and so this is just concatenating them and outputing the string as opposed to 2 separate echo calls.