How to view demo site?

edited August 2011 in News & Announcements
There is no longer a demo download but I saw on github that it was merged in the master branch. I ran the .sql query for the demo website, but I can't figure out how to view the demo. All I get is the stupid default installation page.

Comments

• edited 3:08PM
    Did you download the demo from here?
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/demo
    Yes I went there and selected the demo branch. Then I clicked download from the right and choose v0.9.3 but when i copy it to my website and launch the main page it just shows the default install page, not the demo page...
    Hmm... I just downloaded the demo version, configured the database and made the cache folder writable and am seeing the demo site.

Did you by chance change the fuel_mode in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php to "views"? Also, in the views folder are you seeing a view file and folder named "about"?
    I changed the fuel_mode in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php to "AUTO". In the views folder I do NOT see a view file and folder named "about". The only folders there are _blocks, _docs, _layouts and _variables.
    Looks like I found the problem. When I click the download from github I was choosing the v0.9.3 from under download packages. I instead chose the Download .zip button and it looks like I got the demo finally.