Fuel dashboard error

Not sure what's going on, but I'm having an issue getting the Fuel dashboard/admin tool to work. I have working successfully on a couple websites, but my new install is giving me issues.

https://brewbakersbrewing.co/fuel/

Severity: Warning

Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php

Line Number: 137

Comments

• In the fuel/application/config/config.php try changing the following:

$config['sess_save_path'] = sys_get_temp_dir();

• Awesome. ^^Got me the login landing page. Now the dashboard is giving me an error.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Parsing Error

Message: syntax error, unexpected end of file, expecting function (T_FUNCTION)

Filename: library/HTMLPurifier.php

Line Number: 88

Backtrace:

• What version of PHP and what version of FUEL are you running (you can see the version of fuel in the fuel/modules/fuel/config/fuel_constants.php at the top)?

• PHP: 5.4.13
    Fuel: 1.5.2

• I replaced Fuel 1.5 with 1.4 and I am still getting the dashboard error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at brewbakersbrewing.co

• What version of PHP are you running on the server? If it's still PHP 5.4 then it will throw an error.

• It's 5.4. So Fuel 1.3?

• Yeah... probably... although, I would highly recommend upgrading your version of PHP if possible (I know that can be easier said then done). 5.4 came out over 10 years ago and was EOF nearly 7 years ago.

• I definitely agree.

I'm on an old server at Media Temple because when they tried to migrate my websites to a new server (with PHP 7) it broke a lot of my projects, so I asked them to leave it alone.

• I used 1.3 and when use the .htaccess file, and even change the line with a ? it comes back with the same error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at brewbakersbrewing.co

• Actually, that error is likely with .htaccess. Is it properly configured on the site? If it's not rendering the CodeIgniter error page but the default Apache error it's likely that.

• edited August 2022

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off

RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

<Files .*>
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny From All
    </Files>

# Allow asset folders through
    RewriteRule ^(fuel/modules/(.+)?/assets/(.+)) - [L]

# Protect application and system files from being viewed
    RewriteRule ^(fuel/install/.+|fuel/crons/.+|fuel/data_backup/.+|fuel/codeigniter/.+|fuel/modules/.+|fuel/application/.+) - [F,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule .* index.php?/$0 [L]

# Prevents access to dot files (.git, .htaccess) - security.
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} -f
    RewriteRule "(^|/)\." - [F]

Options -Indexes

• I would start commenting out lines in that file to see which one may be the culprit.

• edited August 2022

I tried this...

I have the same htaccess file for both websites listed below. They are both on the same server.

lamejorfarmersville.com (Works)
    brewbakersbrewing.co (Internal server error)

The htaccess file works here too: http://72.47.192.7/plesk-site-preview/brewbakersbrewingco.com/https/72.47.192.7/

All I'm trying to do is move brewbakersbrewingco.com to brewbakersbrewing.co. Same server.

• That error is not a PHP error but a server error and likely caused by something in the .htaccess. Different servers may have different .htaccess abilities so you may need to check there. There is likely a line in the .htaccess that it doesn't like. If you simply remove/rename the .htaccess file, does the homepage show up? The main reason for the .htaccess is to route requests through the index.php bootstrap file. However, you can still access pages like so:
    brewbakersbrewing.co/index.php/home
    brewbakersbrewing.co/index.php/mypage
    brewbakersbrewing.co/index.php/mypage/secondary

• The page shows up when I remove the access file. But it's showing my css with the install page for the home page.

• Is the home page a view file at fuel/application/views/home.php or is it in the DB under the Pages module with the location of home?

If the latter, is the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php fuel_mode value set to auto?

$config['fuel_mode'] = 'auto';

Also, as an FYI, you can access the admin using the index.php as well:
    https://brewbakersbrewing.co/index.php/fuel/login

You can continue to use it without the .htaccess but it will require the index.php to be in the URL which you can set in the fuel/application/config.php:

$config['index_page'] = 'index.php';