Problems with installation on Mac

Hi all,

I have an installation which runs perfectly on a linux machine. I copied everything to my Mac laptop (under htdocs folder, using MAMP), and some errors occur that don't allow me reach the dashboard.

I tried, for debugging purposes do a fresh install, but the same errors happen when I try to open the dashboard (there is no problem in seing the usual pages).

The errors are these:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice

Message: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Argument is not a string

Filename: libraries/Fuel_auth.php

Line Number: 163

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test/fuel/codeigniter/core/Exceptions.php:170)

Filename: libraries/Session.php

Line Number: 672

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/test/fuel/codeigniter/core/Exceptions.php:170)

Filename: libraries/Fuel_base_controller.php

Line Number: 418

Line Number: 419

Line Number: 420

Filename: core/Input.php

Line Number: 255

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 543

Any ideas of what this can be?
Thanks a lot for the project a for the great great support,
Bernardo

Comments

• edited 4:43AM
    Hmm... I haven't seen that before. Could you try replacing the Fuel_auth::user_lang() method with the following and see if the problem goes away. If so, I'll make the update to the repo:
    function user_lang() { $default_lang = $this->_CI->config->item('language'); $cookie_val = get_cookie($this->get_fuel_trigger_cookie_name()); if (is_string($cookie_val)) { $cookie_val = unserialize($cookie_val); if (empty($cookie_val['language']) OR !is_string($cookie_val['language'])) { $cookie_val['language'] = $default_lang; } return $cookie_val['language']; } else { return $default_lang; } }
    Hi!!

Sorry for my late reply.

Ok, I replaced it and the errors disappeared, but...

I press on the link from the main page to go to the admin place, an redirects to
    http://localhost/test/index.php/fuel/login/5a6e566c62413d3d

which only shows a grey screen, and nothing else. The same happens when I try to go to
    http://localhost/test/index.php/fuel/dashboard

Is this thing related with the previous error?
    Any ideas?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,
    Bernardo
    same here this is my top error
    [code]

Message: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 1 bytes

[/code]
    I just posted that change to the user_lang() method to the main repo which will at least keep the error from showing up.

bbotella, as for the other errors, I'm not sure if they are related. A couple questions to help debug:

1. Did you download the basic FUEL download or the demo version?
    2. Do you have .htaccess enabled on the server?
    3. What browser?
    4. What happens if you clear out all cookies from localhost (or try a different browser)
    Hi,

1. The basic FUEL version
    2. As far as I know, it should be working. How can I check it properly with mac and MAMP?
    3. Both Chrome and Safari
    4. Just the same
    If .htaccess works, then this link should take you to a login page (note that index.php is not in the URL):
    http://localhost/test/fuel/login/5a6e566c62413d3d

Here is a link regarding getting .htaccess working on MAMP:
    http://drupal.org/node/142972

Just to be sure, you did the following correct?

1. You downloaded the latest version here:
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS

2. Installed it in a web accessible folder for Apache

3. Altered the .htaccess BaseRewrite value to the value of any subfolder you may have put the fuel folder in (if at the base folder of your server then you can leave the .htaccess as is)

4. Changed the database information in the fuel/application/config/database.php file

5. Made all the folder in the fuel/application/cache directory writable (cache/, cache/dwoo, cache/dwoo/compiled)

6. Made the images directory writable

Sorry if this is being redundant, but I have MAMP on my Mac and use Chrome and Safari just like you and am having trouble replicating the problem... sounds like there is someone else having a similar problem and I'd like to get to the bottom of it.