Update + DB

FvGFvG
edited September 2012 in News & Announcements
Hey,
I'm building a project on FUEL-CMS. The version we're using is quite old (but stable, so we didn't care)..
It might be from November 2011. We've changed the strucure, we basically put the application out of the fuel folder.
Are we fine just updating the fuel folder? Or has anything changed inside the application's? What's the best way to get up-to-date?

Something else. DB connections have always worked fine - not locally. Locally we get

A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

Filename: [...]\system\codeigniter\database\DB_driver.php

Line Number: 124

Already tried some things but never fixed it..

Thank you!

Comments

• edited 9:45PM
    If you are updating to the latest version of the master branch, you'll need to update the fuel/modules folder as well as the files found in the fuel/application helpers, core and libraries folders.

However, the 1.0 beta has made it a bit easier to update going forward including moving many of the files found in the application/libraries directory to the fuel directory so you can just update that folder.

https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/1.0

With regards to the database connection issue, I'm not sure what the issue is there. There haven't been any changes that I can remember that would cause that issue.
  • FvGFvG
    edited 9:45PM
    So I'll update everything except the application folder.
    Ehm, db connections never worked locally. So it's not an update issue..
  • FvGFvG
    Ohh, I see. It's not our fault, the hoster doesn't allow external access.
    What version are you updating to (latest master or the 1.0 beta branch)?
  • FvGFvG
    Latest on GitHub. Has there anything changed with the db? Should I re-install it?
    When you say latest, you mean the latest from the master branch I'm assuming. If so, then there shouldn't be any need to update the database. The 1.0 branch does however, some database changes.