Rendering SQL types(inline edit/admin panel edit/create)

edited July 2012 in Modules
Hello David.
I need to make multi language content for the blog/news. Currently when you specify SQL type "text" or "varchar" the fuel cms inline edit/admin panel edit will render it as text area with edit tools( short cuts for some html tags ex h3,h2,img). I want to make tabs if the content is multi language.
The solution I see is to make sql column name for example :content_eng and content_da and make the backend logic to render them as tabs(by inserting some js and html) if content_(something) is detected and it is not single.
I need to find the file which is responsible for the rendering( to give a hint, when you specify the" image" column name it will render the html as "upload" input, I think I need to find this file)
Could you please give me some suggestions on how it is better to do?
Best regards, Arthur

Comments

• edited 7:30AM
    I think the file you are looking for is the fuel/modules/fuel/models/base_module_model.php "form_fields" method. Alternatively, you can modify the fuel/modules/blog/models/blog_posts_model.php "form_fields" method which inherits from the Base_module_model class.

As an FYI, the 1.0 branch has some features to help with multiple languages as well as creating tabs using the form_builder syntax. Most of it is centered around the pages module but may be worth checking out:
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/1.0
    I think I need the file that adds html depending on the type. Probably I need the file which contains the logic of this line:
    $fields[$key]['type'] => 'file'
    I could make everything using JS, but that's very dirty way. What do you think?
    The inline edit window preloaded via AJax when you click pencil icon, but I can't find the file, which is responsible for constructing it.
    The field is rendered by the Form_builder class through the fuel/modules/fuel/controllers/module.php file. For inline editing, there is additional javascript that is included in the fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/edit_mode.js file. However, in 1.0, this has been greatly simplified in that the special field logic does not also need to be included in this file (e.g. the javascript to create an asset select field).