Admin Record Export

edited July 2012 in Modules
I was wondering how I would go about creating a CSV export from the admin.

I currently have a simple module in admin which holds a mass of user data. I would like to add a button next to the create which will export this data into a CSV file. How would I tackle this in FUEL?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 9:33PM
    One way:
    Add a custom button to your list_actions, example:

'list_actions' => array('controller/method' => 'Export')

Then in your controller do what you need get the records and push the csv for download:

header("Cache-Control: private"); header("Content-type: text/csv"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".uniqid().'.csv'."\""); header("Content-type: application/x-msdownload"); echo $this->output; exit();
    The 1.0 beta version has the functionality built into it if you set the module config parameter "exportable" to TRUE in your MY_fuel_modules.php file. The exporting is done based on the "Base_module_model::export_data" method, which you can overwrite in your own model if you need to customize it more.

https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/tree/1.0
    Ahh.. thought it strange when I got an export ico on the button ;) who doesn't like 1.0!
    Thanks Lance that has worked a treat!

I will have to checkout the beta version, it seems that many new features have been added.
    I have encountered a problem with a headers already sent error, I am putting the code within the fuel module -> controllers -> enquiry.php

<?php require_once('module.php'); class Enquiries extends Module { function __construct() { parent::__construct(); } function export() { // get all the records $query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM fuel_enquiries ORDER by 'surname' ASC"); $result = $query->result_array(); //print_r($result); foreach($result as $row) { header("Cache-Control: private"); header("Content-type: text/csv"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".uniqid().'.csv'."\""); header("Content-type: application/x-msdownload"); echo $row['date'].''.$row['id'].','.$row['first_name'].','.$row['surname'].','.$row['company'].','.$row['email'].','.$row['telephone'].','.$row['sector'].','.$row['enquiry'].','; } exit(); } }

How would I tackle this?
    It's because you're in a loop..

If your schema matches the format you want for your file you can just use:
    $output = $this->dbutil->csv_from_result($query, ',');

Otherwise I'd rewrite what you have there with:

require_once('module.php'); class Enquiries extends Module { function __construct() { parent::__construct(); } function export() { $result = $this->db ->order_by('surname', 'asc') ->get('fuel_enquiries') ->result_array(); foreach ($result as $row) { $output[] = $row['date'].$row['id'].','.$row['first_name'].','.$row['surname'].','.$row['company'].','. $row['email'].','.$row['telephone'].','.$row['sector'].','.$row['enquiry'].','; } header("Cache-Control: private"); header("Content-type: text/csv"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"".uniqid().'.csv'."\""); header("Content-type: application/x-msdownload"); echo join($output); exit(); } }

Your first two fields in your example are missing a comma between, not sure if an error, I didn't add in the above.