Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

How do I create previous and next button in Fuelcms blog?

edited April 2012 in Feature Requests
Hi
I am trying to add a previous and next button in Fuelcms blog single post.
I found the $this -> fuel_blog -> get_next_post() which returns the whole next post in the same page.
Is there any way I can do to return an url which refers to the previous and next post?

Thanks you!

Comments

• edited 11:27PM
    You can use the url property on that object to get the next url:
    $next = $this -> fuel_blog -> get_next_post(); $url = $next->url;
    It works prefect! Thank you!
    Thanks for the quick reply. I got one more tricky situation:
    Is there a way that I can get the archive post in certain category?
    For example, I want to have a link to a page which only contains posts in "test" category and in April 2012.
    The blog controller allows you to filter on a category like so:
    blog/categories/{category}

Or a date:
    blog/2012/04/01
    blog/2012/04/
    blog/2012/

However, it does not out of the box allow you to filter on a date within a particular category. To add that functionality, you would need to modify the fuel/modules/blog/controllers/categories.php controller to have similar functionality as that found in the fuel/modules/blog/controllers/blog.php controller's _remap function.
    Has this property been updated for the latest version of Fuel. I'm trying to implement the same functionality for my blog posts, but it's causing an error:

A PHP Error was encountered Severity: Warning Message: Missing argument 1 for Fuel_blog::get_next_post(), called in /var/www/vhosts/website.com/httpdocs/fuel/modules/blog/views/themes/default/post.php on line 29 and defined Filename: libraries/Fuel_blog.php Line Number: 884