Multiple installation support

edited February 2012 in Modules
I'm currently looking to use Fuel to build a network of sites, all to be hosted on a single dedicated server. Each site will have individual content/design but will have common custom modules that I'm going to build. Other than the design and content, the site codebases will be identical to each other.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to maintain these sites (between 15 & 25 ish) going forward, specifically upgrading FUEL. I don't think having 25 different git/svn repositories is the best route, but then again maybe it is.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• edited 11:02PM
    Unfortunately, FUEL doesn't really support multiple sites. Each site needs it's own application folder because it contains the site specific configurations, models, views, database config etc. The assets directory would also need to be different between each site (which could be configured in the application/config/asset.php file). Furthermore, any changes to get the folder separation you want would most likely make it difficult when updating via GIT.
  • edited 11:02PM
    Thanks for the response. I'm thinking that I will end up having the 25 different installs for the site, but am wondering how to effectively manage those sites via versioning. Right now I'm thinking I may have one shared code-base with the assets being excluded from the repository. I will then have a different repository with the different templates. Hopefully that will ease the pain of making updates across all the sites.