User groups and user registration

edited December 2010 in Feature Requests
I need user groups on my feature project, like adminisatrtors, moderators, users, guests... And user registration to. Can you add this on the feature?

Comments

• edited 5:57AM
    Although we may make changes to the users, permissions part of the application, we aren't quite sure the changes you are requesting are in the current scope of FUEL. The permissions system is meant be pretty granular allowing you to create permissions and assign users to those permissions (as opposed to groups). That said, I could see there perhaps being a user group module and some changes to the user module that could be used to help assign users to groups instead.
    Quick question on this one: I see how I can create new permissions via the cms, but how would I go about assigning _what_ that permission can do?
    The logic behind the permission is left up to the programmer how they want to implement it. For basic modules, there is a permission property you can set. The value can be a simple string or an array. If it is a string, it should match the name of the module (e.g. module_name='projects' should have a permission key of 'projects'). If the value assigned to the permission is an array, you can further specify whether someone can edit, publish or delete like the pages module (you can see it specified in the fuel/modules/fue/config/fuel_modules.php file). The fuel/modules/fuel/controllers/module.php file takes care of checking the permissions with the the Fuel_auth "has_permission()" method. Let me know if that answers your questions.
    Yup thanks!
    You can find an extension for group permissions here:

https://github.com/imknight/FUEL-CMS-Modules