Advanced module constants

edited January 2012 in Modules
I'm trying to hammer the Sphider search indexer configuration into an advanced module. However, the only means I have found of getting the constants loaded (from "modules/sphider/config/sphider_constants.php") is to add the module to the "modules_allowed" array in MY_Fuel.php. That adds an entry in the Tools navigation too.

Am I correct in getting constants for a module loaded this way? I'm undecided if the entry in the Tools is desirable or not, but I probably only want one entry in the left admin navigation, so is there a means of hiding the Module nav entry, or vice versa, hiding the one in Tools?

Comments

• edited 11:33PM
    You are correct in loading the constants.

Not sure why it's ending up in the tools nav.
    Where the nav ends up is to do with the $config['nav'] in your /config/[your_module].php file

You don't have something like:

$config['nav']['tools']['tools/my_module'] = lang('my_module')

Anywhere? If so you'd want something more like

$config['nav']['crm'] = array( 'crm/clients' => lang('crm_nav_clients'), 'crm/invoicecomments' => lang('crm_nav_invoice_comments'), 'crm/invoices' => lang('crm_nav_invoices'), 'crm/payments' => lang('crm_nav_payments'), 'crm/proposals' => lang('crm_nav_proposals'), 'crm/settings' => lang('crm_nav_settings') );