Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

ID fields breaking

edited December 2011 in Modules
Hi,
I've run into a few problems where fuel modifies the ID of a field, which either generates errors when it tries to retrieve it again, or causes a 404 when you try to edit the record again in the CMS (due to the ID being set to 0).
The first time it happened, it was because we had a table that didn't auto_increment, and so the SAVE query INSERT IGNORE INTO / ON DUPLICATE ENTRY UPDATE / LAST_INSERT_ID was failing, and 0ing out the ID field. This was fixed by setting the public $has_auto_increment variable to false in the model.
Now, we're running into another issue...we have another table that has a VARCHAR index based on ids given to us from another API. Some of them are strange (non alphanumeric). An ID like '0105_' is getting its 0 and _ stripped, and then fuel either throws an error or can't access the record again from the list view.
I've tried adding the ID to $hidden_fields and adding public $auto_validate = FALSE but it didn't work. I'm playing with CI->validator->remove_rule but don't know which validation rule is causing this (or where to find them). I found is_safe_character in validator_helper but that doesn't seem to be it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jordan

Comments