Blog has some hard-coded table names

edited November 2011 in Bug Reports
Unless you've already found these --

I found (and fixed) an issue with table names in the blog. I had made a duplicate of the blog module so as to make mods without clobbering the original. When I duplicated the tables but with new names, it the blog blew up....even though the array of tables names in "blog.php" had been updated.

Anyone who changes the table names will hit this issue.

What I found was a number of models that did not consistently use the table name from the list in "blog.php" -- most do, but several don't and instead have the "fuel_blog_tablename" hard coded. Based on my file update times, you likely need to update the posts, categories, users, and links models to consistently pull the table names from the list in blog.php. The places to look were all in either the __construct or in the SELECT statements, esp. the ones with big joins.

I had made some other changes before encountering this, so you don't want my code. If my variant turns out to have general application, I'll be happy to share it. (it is an action alert module and will differ in display order, have archiving based on the category being declared "complete", and allow uploads and sharing of files)

Shirley (EcotypeS)

Comments