Text area - remove formatting

edited November 2011 in Modules
When a text data type is used, the default text area control is used for the models extending from the Base_module_model. How does one remove the text formatting to enter straight Javascript syntax within the text area control so it doesn't override with HTML formatting. Is there a way to disable the formatting?

Comments

• edited 5:06PM
    Are you using CKeditor or markItUp? If you are referring to removing the markItUp or CKeditor controls you can add the class of "no_editor" to the field which will make it a normal textarea box.
    I did that and when I save and it removes the markup. Am I still missing a tag to prevent overriding the content?
    Basically, I am trying to insert Javascript within the content field and it's removing it after save.

I.E.

converts to

[removed]
    [removed]
    That sounds like something that CKeditor is doing. Does this happen when "no_editor" class is applied to the field (so neither CKeditor or markitup are used)?
    Yes.
    I'm dealing with the same issue. Did you ever get this figured out? Would appreciate any info on how you might have resolved this. Thanks.
    Try changing the "sanitize_input " property of your module to something like:
    array('php', 'template', 'entities'). It's possible that one of those functions (e.g. the xss_clean function which it there by default), is causing that.
    http://getfuelcms.com/user_guide/modules/simple
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. What I'm wanting to enter into the text field and save without being affected is some jquery/javascript so there are <script> tags. I think these are getting stripped out. I see php, template and entities, etc. but didn't see anything that would be directly related to javascript and tags. Do you know if there is anything?
    Struggling to remember.. I think I've struck this before, is there any regex in your version of the cke config file? I remember I had to remove two regex lines in there .