Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Accessing controller in advanced module

edited October 2011 in Modules
Hi,

I am just trying to set up tank_auth as an advanced module to set up user authentication, at the moment I have just directly ported over the tank_auth folder into a module folder.

All appears to be working so far but if I try and access the welcome.php controller which comes with the download to show when logged in I get a 404 error.

I know the main controller must be named after the module like so : fuel/modules/my_module/controllers/my_module.php

In my case I have : fuel/modules/auth/controllers/auth.php

However accessing fuel/modules/auth/controllers/welcome.php does not work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• edited 3:04PM
    What is the URI that you are using to try and access? Is it "auth/welcome"?
  • edited October 2011
    Hi,

Yes it is. It is supposed to re-direct to that page when successfully logged in.

It is worth adding that I had to amend the auth.php so that each view was loading properly.. where a line reads :$this->load->view('auth/....) I have amended it to $this->load->view('auth/auth/...)

Thanks.
  • edited October 2011
    Hmm... I just installed tank_auth with these steps and was able to browse to the welcome page where it says "Hi, admin! You are logged in now. Logout"

1. moved everything from the "tank_auth/application" directory into the folder "fuel/modules/auth"
    2. renamed all thew view file paths like you did above
    3. registered at auth/register and confirmed my registration with the email
    4. logged in, in which case it redirected me back to the homepage.
    5. browsed to auth/welcome

Is there something in those steps that may help with your troubles?
    Well I thought I had done exactly as you...I will try a fresh install of fuel and see if the issues persists.

standby...
    Ok, well I have now re-installed fuel and tank auth and now it works. I must have changed some thing inadvertently.

Thanks for your help.

Boosh
    sure... glad you got it working.
    Ok right the next brick I face is I can't access the module from another module or controller. If I have say have this : $this->load->module_library('auth','tank_auth');

I get the error: "An Error Was Encountered
    The configuration file development/tank_auth.php and tank_auth.php do not exist."

Thanks
    Take a look at line 27 of the Tank_auth library class. You may need to change that to load from the auth module like so:
    $this->ci->load->module_config('auth', 'tank_auth', TRUE);
    Yep that was it. Thanks once again

Regards

boosh