Issue with $this->form->create_button

edited October 2011 in Bug Reports
I'm trying to add a button to a form using the form builder class and i'm getting the error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Form_builder::create_button()

I'm trying to add this button in my controller and i'm already loading the form_builder class because the form builds fine when I take out these two lines.

$params = array('value' => 'Next', 'use_input' => FALSE, 'id' => 'next'); $this->form_builder->create_button($params);

Comments

• edited 3:49AM
    Do you see the create_button method around line 1029 in that file? The create_button method was added a bit ago, but it's possible that if you have an older version of FUEL it may not be in there.
    Yep I don't have that method in the form_builder library. I updated my form_builder library with the latest version, and now the page actually shows stuff, but it's giving an error that says

A PHP Error was encountered Severity: Notice Message: Undefined index: next Filename: compiled/daa8ff4e32a6323524e97b25da079e3d.d17.php Line Number: 149

Here's the code I have in my controller. I can set the button to a variable and then access it in the view just fine, but if I do it that way, it's outside of the div tags and I want it inside the div tags.
    // build the form $fields = array(); $fields['name'] = array('label' => 'Contact Name', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields['company'] = array('label' => 'Company', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields['address'] = array('label' => 'Address', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields['phone'] = array('label' => 'Phone', 'required' => FALSE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields['fax'] = array('label' => 'FAX', 'required' => FALSE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields['email'] = array('label' => 'Email', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); // add the next button $params = array('value' => 'Next', 'use_input' => FALSE); $fields['next'] = $this->form_builder->create_button($params); $fields2['inspection'] = array('label' => 'Inspection and Estimate Required by When?', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['location'] = array('label' => 'Name of Location', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['address'] = array('label' => 'Address', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['contactName'] = array('label' => 'Contact Name', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['phoneNum'] = array('label' => 'Phone Number', 'required' => FALSE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['access'] = array('label' => 'Access', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['reason'] = array('label' => 'Reason for Estimate', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $fields2['comments'] = array('label' => 'Comments', 'required' => TRUE, 'class' => 'input left'); $this->form_builder->use_form_tag = FALSE; // will set the values of the fields if there is an error... must be after set_fields $this->form_builder->set_validator($this->validator); $this->form_builder->set_field_values($_POST); $this->form_builder->set_fields($fields); $vars['form1'] = $this->form_builder->render(); $this->form_builder->set_fields($fields2); $vars['form2'] = $this->form_builder->render();
    That error is a Dwoo compiled error and doesn't sound like an issue with the code you have above. Does it still appear if you clear out the application/cache/dwoo/compiled folder?
    Ok that error is gone, but the button isn't rendering correctly.

if I go to the net console of firebug and look at the http response, here's what is actually returned to the browser. Is there a bug in the create_button function?
    <input type="text" name="next" id="next" value="&lt;button type="button" name="" id="" value="Next"&gt;Next&lt;/button&gt;" size="40" />
    Hmm... Do you have the latest version of the Form.php library? I only ask because Form_builder.php uses it and it appears you had an older version of Form_builder.
    I've updated the form.php library and now it prints out a label and input tag with the button html markup in the input field

Here's the code that's returned:
    <label for="next" id="label_next">Next</label> <input type="text" name="next" id="next" value="&lt;button type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;&quot; id=&quot;&quot; value=&quot;Next&quot;&gt;Next&lt;/button&gt;" size="40" />
  • edited October 2011
    a
    Try changing your button code to the following instead of using the method to create the button which outputs the HTML:
    $fields['next'] = array('type' => 'button', 'value' => 'Next', 'use_input' => FALSE);
    Yea that code works, but it has a label tag for the button which shouldn't be there.
    You are wanting this button to appear at the bottom of the first rendered form correct? If so, try using the "other_actions" property on the form_builder and put in the HTML for that button which you can use doing something like what you had above:
    $params = array('value' => 'Next', 'use_input' => FALSE); $this->form_builder->other_actions = $this->form_builder->create_button($params);
    Ok so that renders the button, but it's rendered on both of the forms. What I ultimately want is a "Next" button on the first form, and a "Submit" button on the second form.
    Before you render the next form, set other_actions to an empty string.
    Sweet. Now how do I get rid of the submit button on the first form? I was trying the exclude parameter but couldn't get the button to disappear.
    Set the "submit_value" form_builder property to an empty string.
    Awesome Thanks! That was simple enough.