Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Installing on MediaTemple GridServer

edited October 2011 in Installation
I'm having some issues installing FUEL on a MediaTemple GridServer; after first uploading to a php 5 server I get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/113668/domains/ravecity.tv/html/fuel/codeigniter/core/URI.php on line 141

As if the current codeigniter version isn't stable. Help? I'm new to FUEL, but not to CI. Any and all help is appreciated

Comments

• edited 9:32PM
    Hmm... are you sure it is PHP 5? I'm not 100% certain but from what I've read it sounds like it has a problem with the private function on the class.
    Something was wrong with my settings; it was php 4, my mediatemple settings were wrong
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I'm new to FUEL, but not to CI.

I am getting the same error as the OP. I checked my PHP settings and my host (GoDaddy) is running 5.2. I've checked my .htaccess and config.php files and changed slight values but to no avail. I just downloaded the most recent version of FUEL.

Any ideas?
    Can you double check by using the phpinfo() function?