Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

advanced modules

edited September 2011 in Modules
i am new to fuel. inspired too much by it. i have tried the advanced module section. the problem is that i do not find the left section populated with my new module. as in the tutorial, it is blog, lets call it abc for my case. i have followed whatever is given in the tutorial for advance modules. what to do?

Comments

• edited 10:25PM
    Add the module folder name to your modules_allowed parameter in the fuel/application/config/MY_fuel.php and see if that fixes your issue. If you already have that, be sure to include a $nav array variable with your menu items in your modules config file (similar to the blog).
  • edited September 2011
    much grateful to you. it solved my problem. now i have the following item in $nav array
    ''dispatches/index' => 'dispatches',

it is appearing as desired in the right menu. now, when i click upon it, the url becomes
    http://localhost/ims/index.php/fuel/dispatches/index

i have a controller in the dispatches module folder controller named dispatches and it has a method named index. but i get 404 error.
    now where am i missing?
    Try removing the index from the link. If you want to keep it, make sure there is a route in place to handle it in your fuel/modules/{module_name}/config/{module_name}_routes.php file
  • edited September 2011
    index.php appears automatically, i tried to remove the index,at the end,with abc method and set the route as
    $route[FUEL_ROUTE.'dispatches/abc'] = DISPATCHES_FOLDER.'/controllers/dispatches/abc';
    the url is now , when clicked on side of admin,
    http://localhost/ims/index.php/fuel/dispatches/abc

error remains
  • ????
    Are you able to browse to the module's controller at http://localhost/ims/index.php/displatches with the "fuel" part?
  • edited September 2011
    yes!
    it is directly accessible .
    please tell what do you mean by fuel part?
    The route should actually be:
    $route[FUEL_ROUTE.'dispatches/abc'] = 'dispatches/abc';
  • edited September 2011
    it worked.... thanks.
    but now it is not loaded in the admin window....
    What are you seeing now instead of a 404?
  • i see my dispatches/abc method in a white screen. i expected it to see in the admin .
    In order for the method to render in the admin, you will need to call the $this->_render('my_view', $vars);
  • thanks alot, it solved much of my worries. but the problem i face now is that this module is searching the view in the application/views.
    but my custom view is in modules/dispatches/views.
    what should i do now?
  • edited September 2011
    In your dispatches controller class, add the following at the top before the constructor:
    public $view_location = 'dispatches';
  • i am much thankful to you. it solved my problem. hope i go successfully. thanks again.