Is it possible to read _blocks or cms generated pages as array?

edited September 2011 in Feature Requests
I am currently in the development stage of a website that uses the GD library and requires information from a text file presently.

I would like to make it so that the program will use a "block" or a "cms generated page" to store the modifiable information and read it upon that particular pages load.

My present situation calls the text file to an array, reads two image files, and returns a generated image as a result.

The program currently works as is, however the ability to use a "_block" preferably would simplify the editing process by the people who would be maintaining the site.

Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• edited 12:15PM
    Is this process of loading the text file and generating the images reliant on the user inputted content or is self-contained and something you just want to include on the page? For example, can that logic be put into a library or function? If so, then you can create a block that calls that function. If it is a block that needs to be edited in the admin, then it will require using the Dwoo templating syntax (e.g. {my_func()}) and the function will need to be added to the allowed functions array in the fuel/application/config/parser.php.