Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Own folder structure

FvGFvG
edited August 2011 in Installation
Hey,
I'm working on a new site based on CI, it's not finished yet but it won't take long to do so.
Doing this with some friends I woud like to "change" our current version to Fuel, so we don't have to create a new function for every page; that's really annoying. I've got a very simple question: At the moment we're using the folder structure of CodeIgniter, was it possible to have something like this using Fuel, too?

- index.php
- assets/
- application/
- system/
- - codigniter/
- - modules/

Hope you get what I want to ask :)
Thanks

Comments

• edited 9:56PM
    You would need to change the $system_path and $application_folder paths in the index.php file and possibly the MODULES_FOLDER constant in the fuel/modules/config/fuel_contstants.php file.
  • FvGFvG
    edited 9:56PM
    I made some changes right now:
    fuel_constants.php
    define('FUEL_VERSION', '0.9.3'); define('MODULES_FOLDER', 'fuel/modules'); define('FUEL_FOLDER', 'fuel'); define('MODULES_PATH', MODULES_FOLDER.'/'); define('FUEL_PATH', MODULES_PATH.FUEL_FOLDER.'/'); define('WEB_ROOT', str_replace('\\', '/', realpath(dirname(SELF)).DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR)); // replace \ with / for windows
    index.php
    $application_folder = 'application';
    But now I get this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function base_url() in C:\xampp\htdocs\fuel\application\views\_blocks\header.php on line 10
    Any idea on how to fix this?
    The base_url function is in the url_helper which is autoloader. However, in this case we are not getting that far. It may be that you are getting a 404 error message (see the application/errors/error_404.php file) which includes the header file.

To debug, I would open up the fuel/codeigniter/core/CodeIgniter.php file and see where it may be throwing the 404 (there are 3 calls to the show_404()) function in that file to check).
  • FvGFvG
    Hmm, this is not a 404 error, it's a PHP error. I'm just wondering why I get this error, if it failed to include anything I'd get another one?!
  • FvGFvG
    I don't think it's a problem with fuel_constants.php - I just used the old index.php, moved the application folder back and it works fine!
  • FvGFvG
    I made some tests, it seems to be a problem right here:

// CodeIgniter.php - line 157 $RTR =& load_class('Router', 'core'); echo 'test'; // works $RTR->_set_routing(); echo 'test2'; // doesn't work

// Router.php - line 332 // If we got this far it means we didn't encounter a // matching route so we'll set the site default route echo 'test'; // works $this->_set_request($this->uri->segments); echo 'test'; // doesn't

// Router.php - line 175 function _set_request($segments = array()) { echo 'test'; // doesn't work! $segments = $this->_validate_request($segments);

This doesn't make any sence, does it?
    Router is being overwritten by fuel/application/third_party/fuel/Router.php which itself extends fuel/application/third_party/MX/Router.php and that is probably why you aren't seeing your echo.
  • FvGFvG
    Okay, it really seems to be an 404 error. It's caused by _validate_request() in fuel/Router.php on line 144. In my 404 file I include a header.php from _blocks (which is correctly included), then it doesn't find the base_path() function. Acutally it should just open up my home.php view?!
  • FvGFvG
    Maybe there are just some problems including the helpers, if I open a page with a controller I get "Unable to load the requested file: helpers/fuel/fuel_helper.php".
    And base_url() is from a helper, too?! Sorry for posting that much, I just want to continue programming - It's driving me nuts :P
    What happens if you change the values at the top of the application/third_party/MX/Modules.php to something like the following to match your path
    Modules::$locations = array( APPPATH.'../system/modules/' => '../../system/modules/', );
  • FvGFvG
    That's it :) Thank you so much!