Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Related Model

edited August 2011 in Modules
Hey Team,

me again. :). Hope it's not too hot, wherever you are.

Like the title says, i do have problems with my idea of "related models."

scenario:

available models
- user_model - user_profile_model

within the user_model i´ll create with the "create" method a new user. in the on_after_insert hook, i
want to create a entry with user_profile_model:

so, in the user_model i add:

function on_after_insert($values) { $this->load->module_model(FUEL_FOLDER, 'user_profile_model'); $value = array('fuel_user_id' => $this->db->last_insert_id()); $this->user_profile_model->insert($value); }

So. Now my problems:

1. The user_model wont redirect back to the "user/edit/ID" page, after successful adding of both entries. it saves the data, but without a success message - the "create" page stills shows up.

2. In some cases i have the feeling, some db values are still in cache, is that possible?

Example: if i try with the "user_profile_model->insert($value)" method, the $value array does have just one value, but in some cases, the array contains values from the previous query, it ends with an db error -> am i going crazy?

Thank you very much for your time!

Comments

• edited 2:18PM
    ok.

maybe both questions are answered by myself! :)

i start in the user_model -> on_after_insert an try to add a record with the user_profiles_model ($this->user_profile_model->insert($value));

Thats not quite possible because the user_profile_model again calls the own on_save_after etc., is that right?

My solution: in user_model -> on_after_save() :

$values = array('fuel_user_id' => $values['id']); //only insert if new $record_exists = $this->users_profiles_model->record_exists($values); if(!$record_exists) $CI->users_profiles_model->insert($values);

What do you think, is that a clean solution?
  • edited August 2011
    Your first method should work. However it is $this->db->insert_id() and not $this->db->last_insert_id() and the model name is $this->users_profiles_model (with an "s")