Customizing query output table

edited August 2011 in Modules
I have a simple "Categories" table and was wondering if there was any way to append the number of entries in that category in some way. For example having one category with 4 posts I would like "Category One (4)" appear. Is there any way to do this inside a model?

Comments

• edited 11:26AM
    This can be done in your querying. The blog_posts_to_categories_model in the fuel/modules/blog/models/ has an example of adding the count and it is placed in the _common_query() method which gets run with any find_* method on the model.
    Ok...so things seem to be fairly smoothly but I just found a glitch in one of my forms. I have two tables as part of my 'bio' module called 'bio_categories' and 'bio_people'. My problem is that although everything shows up as it should the label on Category reads 'Bio category' for some reason. I never set that name in the bio_people model and thought the problem might be in the bio_categories model but I've yet to discover where the problem might be emanating from.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    You can overwrite any label by passing in the 'label' parameter on your form field.