Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Image + layout Definition

edited December 2010 in Feature Requests
Wasn't sure where to post this..

Here: http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/modules/tutorial states:

"A field name that ends in image or img will automatically be turned into an image select field/upload field."

Does this work when defining a layout in my_fuel_layouts? I thought I had it working once but with:

'header_image' => array('type' => 'textarea', 'description' => 'Header Image'),

It's not. I dropped the 'type' from it and no change. At the moment I'm using a textarea and the image button. Works fine but it's just for an image..

Comments

• edited 3:53AM
    It doesn't work the same with layouts unfortunately. You have to create the 2 separate fields like so:

'header_image' => array('description' => 'Header Image', 'class' => 'asset_select images', 'upload_path' => assets_server_path('', 'images'),
    'header_upload_image' => array('type' => 'file', 'description' => 'Header Image'),

Ah cool thanks for that. Is that documented and I just missed it or?

So you'd use the on_before_save method to decide which form value to use yeah?
    That isn't documented anywhere... I'll call that out. You could use the on_before_save method... actually, if you change header_upload_image to header_image_upload, it will automatically set the value of header_image to the name of the uploaded image (if you are uploading). The suffix '_upload' triggers that.