Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Can't override options_list

public function options_list($key = 'id', $val = '' , $where = array(), $order = TRUE, $group = TRUE)
{
$order = 'packages.price asc';
$data = parent::options_list($key, $val, $where, $order);
//echo("HERE HERE" );

return $data;
}

Does absolutely nothing.

I'm assuming this function is for the list of all entries when you click on the menu item.

Comments

• That function provides a key/value pair that is often used for dropdown selects. The dropdown select that is displayed in a detail view to quickly navigate to other records uses the get_others() method which internally uses the options_list() method.

• So how do I change the order of the items on the view you see when you click the menu item. I want to order by price

• I'm guessing you are referring to the get_others() dropdown list ordering. If so,
    the options_list() method has the following parameters:

options_list($key = NULL, $val = NULL, $where = array(), $order = TRUE)

If the value is set to TRUE, it will default to ordering the values to ascending order, however you can change that value to something like 'price desc'.