Topic suggestions for User Guide

edited December 2010 in Bug Reports
I don't know which category I should put with this kind of thing. In order to get more attention, I put under Bug Reports.

I think the User Guide is very important. One of reason CI's growth was the User Guide compared to Kohana and other framework. And FuelCMS has a good UserGuide compare to other CMS (including mine). PyroCMS seems good but it does not have a comprehensive User Guide as FuelCMS as of today, Dec 2010.

Anyway what I wanted to say is the following.

I think class Module, class Fuel_base_controller and other class deserve to have own page in User Guide. You have mentioned it in Advanced Modules page, but it should have a link to Fuel_base_controller page in order to explain details.

I also think directory strucrure will be helpful for noobs to FuelCms to understand how it is constructed.

Regards,

Comments

• edited 2:21AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll capture it on the todo list. Although we tried to provide a lot of documentation, it is by no means complete as you've pointed out. We tried to capture the most important stuff but in some cases, rummaging through the code may be necessary.
  • I completely agree with shinokada. I've noticed a few typo's/errors/helpful things missing from the documentation. How do you want us to point out things that are missing in the documentation?
  • edited 2:21AM
    The documentation comes with FUEL in the user_guide module so if you have any changes, the best and easiest way for me (but not so much for you), is to make any changes/fixes locally and do a pull request from GitHub:
    http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=github+pull+request&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Alternatively, you can post issues on GitHub.