Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Upgrading from Fuel v1.1 to v1.4.3

I'm trying to upgrade a v1.1 Fuel project to v1.4.3 (so it can now run on PHP7) and it's proving tough going. I've upgraded the SQL, and tried to merge as much as I can (the base v1.1 project has numerous advanced modules and simple models), and have capitalised classes, updated references to Base_module_model but I'm getting many errors that are proving difficult.

The home page works just fine, but any other page I get, for example errors like:
<br /> Message: Undefined index: fuel</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 123<br /> ...<br /> Message: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 126<br /> ...<br /> Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 129<br /> ...<br /> Message: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 477<br /> ...<br /> Message: Undefined property: Fuel::$modules</p> <p>Filename: libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 481<br /> ...<br /> Message: Call to a member function allowed() on null</p> <p>Filename: /var/www/public/fuel/modules/fuel/libraries/Fuel.php</p> <p>Line Number: 481<br />

The traces go from the index.php to /var/www/public/fuel/modules/fuel/core/MY_Hooks.php to /var/www/public/fuel/modules/fuel/hooks/Fuel_hooks.php
to /var/www/public/fuel/modules/fuel/helpers/MY_url_helper.php to /var/www/public/fuel/modules/fuel/libraries/Fuel.php in many cases.

Can anyone provide advice?

Comments

• Have you read the area for upgrading to FUEL 1.4 here?
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/installation/installing

In particular the command line tool that will help with a lot of the issues you run into including the casing and the changes needed for many of the simple modules:
    php index.php fuel/installer/update

• edited April 13

I used the Git merge option from guide, but I think the manual option may be better. I'm using a MY_Controller for some, but not all, controllers. For regular CI controllers, more works than not, but referring to the Fuel object in MY_Controller (to retrieve & render fuel pages) seems to result in a NULL Fuel object. Likewise, any purely CMS pages have the same breakdown.

I can't run the update tool since that also breaks, with many of the same errors.

I can't figure why that is, so what I will do is work, "inside out" and try avoiding the MY_Controller as it is, and see how far I get with the rest of the site.

• edited April 15

Nailed it I think - there was a config of "fuel" being autoloaded. It didn't cause a problem in Fuel v1.1 but it created mayhem in v1.4.3!!