Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Multilanguage View Files not found

Hi,
I'm struggling to call language specific Opt-in Controller pages. I found it out, but since I already wrote it down, I document it here.

here are my language settings:

// Languages for pages. The key is saved to the page variables
$config['languages'] = array(
    'de' => 'DE', //standard language
    'en' => 'EN',
    'cs' => 'CZ'
);
$config['language_mode'] = 'both';
$config['add_language_to_site_url'] = TRUE;
$config['language_force_default_to_site_url'] = TRUE;
$config['language_query_str_param'] = 'lang';
$config['language_cookie_name'] = '';
$config['language_cookie_exp'] = '63072000';
$config['language_use_cookies'] = false;
$config['language_detect_user_agent'] = '';
$config['language_default_option'] = 'de';

I want to call a simple static HTML page by its corresponding language http://localhost/de/portrait as described here: http://docs.getfuelcms.com/general/localization

View Pages
Additionally, if your pages are using views and there is a language value[1] set by the user using Fuel_language, it will first look for a view file in the views/language/{language}/ folder and if it doesn't find it, it will default to just the views folder.

I setup a view file here: fuel/application/views/language/de/portrait.php and I end up in a 404 Error.

Apparently a corresponding view file exist in the views/ root for the standard language and only secondary languages go into the /views/language/*/ folder:

fuel/application/views/portrait.php must exists for the default language and only
fuel/application/views/language/en/portrait.php and
fuel/application/views/language/cs/portrait.phpmust be placed in the views/language/{language}/

Can someone verify that? Is that the correct way? Is that also true for subfolders?

[1] Does that mean a language value is not set, when the default language is selected?

Thanks for clarification