Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

more than one column in Select

edited June 7 in Modules

I have a user table (id, first_name, last_name, email)

I have a packages table (id, package_title, package_description)

They have keys in user_packages table (id, user_id, packages_id)

In the Userpackages_model part of the Form View I want the User Select box to have the value of the id and the option label attribute to have the values of last_name, first_name email

the HTML would look like this
<option value=1 label="Smith, John johnsmith@email.com">Smith, John johnsmith@email.com</option>
Is there a way to make 3 columns into one value for the dropdown option?

Comments

• edited June 7

You can overwrite your model's options_list() method:

public function options_list($key = 'id', $val = null, $where = array(), $order = TRUE, $group = TRUE){

$val = 'CONCAT(users.first_name, ' ', users.last_name, ' ', users.email) AS user_email';
        $order = 'users.first_name asc';

$data = parent::options_list($key, $val, $where, $order);
        return $data;
    }

• edited June 7

I tried that and it's pulling from the table the model is pulling in the constructor so I get this error

Unknown column 'user.first_name' in 'field list'

SELECT user_package.id, CONCAT(user.first_name, ' ', user.last_name, ' ', user.email) FROM user_package ORDER BY user.first_name asc

I have this as my foreign_keys and my constructor

public $foreign_keys = array('user_id' => 'User_model', 'package_id' => 'Packages_model');</p> <pre><code>function __construct() { parent::__construct('user_package');

• I've updated my post above to change "user" to "users" which should be the proper table name.

• I'm actually using clients table instead of users table. So I want to pull client_id, first name, last_name and email from clients that have signed up through the site.

• public function options_list($key = 'id', $val = '', $where = array('id !=0 ', 'active =1'), $order = TRUE, $group = TRUE){<br /> $val = "CONCAT(clients.first_name, ' ', clients.last_name, ' ', clients.email_address)";<br /> $order = 'clients.first_name asc';</p> <pre><code> $data =parent::options_list($key, $val, $where, $order); return $data; }

A Database Error Occurred
    Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'clients.first_name' in 'field list'

SELECT user_package.id, CONCAT(clients.first_name, ' ', clients.last_name, ' ', clients.email_address) FROM user_package ORDER BY clients.first_name asc

Filename: /chroot/home/a7f60686/fatjacksports.com/html/fuel/modules/fuel/core/MY_Model.php

Line Number: 1164

class Userpackages_model extends Base_module_model {</p> <p>public $foreign_keys = array('client_id' => 'Clients_model', 'package_id' => 'Packages_model');</p> <pre><code>function __construct() { parent::__construct('user_package'); $this->load->database(); $this->load->library('session'); $this->load->helper('url'); }

So the question is how do I contact the clients table

• I figured it out. I used the
    $options = array('a' => 'option A', 'b' => 'option B', 'c' => 'option C');
    $fields['select_example'] = array('type' => 'select', 'options' => $options, 'model' => 'people', 'first_option' => 'Select one...'); // will use the options_list method from the people_model
    $fields['select_example'] = array('type' => 'select', 'options' => $options, 'model' => array('my_module' => array('people' => 'people_options')), 'first_option' => 'Select one...'); //