Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Little confused between on_after_post() & on_before_save()

edited December 2010 in Share
Hello,

I am little confused between on_after_post() method and on_before_save() method..

When I fill the form and do submit then it will fire first "on_before_save()" and I can get all form values
and then later it will go to "on_after_post()" and in on_after_post() I am also getting all values..

So I want to confirm that first it is storing the data in DB via "on_before_save()" and later it is calling "on_after_post()" ?

Actually function name makes me confused.. Because once we click on submit button then first should be call "on_after_post()" and later it should be call "on_before_save()" ( I think this order is correct? )

Comments

• edited 1:35PM
    That is correct. I can see how the names can be confusing. To confuse you more, there's an on_before_post hook too, which get's called before any saving or validating. It may help to look at the code where it is implemented. The on_after_post method is called on the fuel/modules/fuel/controller/module.php file on lines 489 and on 985 when creating/editing a module. All the other hooks are actually called within the model. That hook was explicitly created to allow for things like image processing after saving.