Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Adding language segment to URL

edited May 3 in Modules

Hi,

I have a bilingual site (French and English). I'm having a problem with the language segment. MY_fuel configuration is as follows:

$config['languages'] = array(
'fr' => 'francais',
'en' => 'english',
);
$config['language_mode'] = 'segment';
$config['add_language_to_site_url'] = TRUE;

if I go to the page www.mysite.com/en/page1, everything works fine, same as if I go to www.mysite.com/fr/page1.

If if use www.mysite.com/page1 as the address, it defaults to the French page as expected, but it doesn't add the fr segment.

Similarly, when I access the home page www.mysite.com, I get the French page exactly as if I had used www.mysite.com/fr. That is expected, but shouldn't the URL have automatically changed to www.mysite.com/fr?

Am I not correctly understanding the "add_language_to_site_url" parameter?

Note: These are not, for the most part, pages from the CMS although I do have pages that are generated from the CMS and have noticed the same behavior. I am on version 1.4 of Fuel.

Comments

• You can put in a redirect in the fuel/application/config/redirects.php to force the redirect to the specific language version.