Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Site url with www does not connect to the database

edited March 26 in Installation
Hello,

I uploaded my new site to the live server.

The site works fine when I go to: mysite.com but if I try www.mysite.com it can't connect to the database, it tried to connect to the local server database.

Is there a way to solve this problem without redirecting it in the Cpanel?

Comments

• edited 1:19PM
    I did the redirect on the cpanel for now, but now editing things on the admin side break with Forbidden error. How do you deal with this issue?
  • edited March 26
    Removing the redirect from cpanel, I still get the Forbidden error when trying to edit things on the admin side.

It happens when I try to save a block I edited, that has the google maps code in it (e.g. the iframe you get from google maps)

In firebug I get this:
    The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.
  • edited 1:19PM
    I'm not quite sure I understand your issue. If it's not working at another domain, then it sounds like you need to configure that domain in your CPanel. If you are getting a forbidden error, it sounds like an .htaccess issue. Try hard coding the base_url in the fuel/application/config/config.php to be "http://www.mysite.com" and following these steps:
    https://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/installation/troubleshooting.html
  • We did just upgrade the forum and it may require you to reset your password. I would try the following:

1. Hardcode the $config[‘base_url’] in fuel/application/config/config.php to be www.mysite.co.za
    2. Check your fuel/application/config/environments.php file so that the production URL includes the www