Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Customization Questions

edited June 2011 in Share
I'm beginning a project with FuelCMS and had a couple of questions regarding my customization of this CMS for the website I'm working on.

1) Do I save all CSS, JS, images and other assets in the /assets folder or can/should I make these folders under the application folder instead? Another way of asking this: Is the assets folder hands-off (belonging to Fuel), or should it be used to house the site-specific asset files?
2) Can I just start making controllers under application/controllers, and then expect those functions to map to the URI in the pattern {controller name}/{function name}?

Thanks,
Erik

Comments

• edited 3:51PM
    Ok, I answered question #2 myself. My goal essentially right now is to create a signup page that displays a form with information for the user to fill out to create an account, and that information gets sent to an external database, so there is no need for a model file. Can I use Fuel's form_builder to create this form without an actual model?
  • edited 3:51PM
    You don't need a model to use Form_builder. You can just pass it an array of field values using the set_fields method.
    http://www.getfuelcms.com/user_guide/libraries/form_builder

With regards to your assets question, you can change the location of the assets folder but will need to also change it in the fuel/application/config/asset.php file as well as possibly the .htaccess (which blocks access to all files in the fuel folder accept for those found in the the fuel/modules/{module}/assets/). My recommendation would be to leave it as is unless you really need to change it.