Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Data from database in the view

edited February 22 in Feature Requests
Hello.

I'm trying to create a select field with data from the database in the MY_fuel_layouts.

I do the connection to the database manually like this:

$host="localhost";
$username="root";
$word=" ";
$db_name="database";
$con=mysqli_connect("$host", "$username", "$word","$db_name")or die("cannot connect");

if($con === false){
die("ERROR: Could not connect. " . mysqli_connect_error());
}

else {

//my code

}

I want to put that information in an select type array:

$options = array('a' => 'option A', 'b' => 'option B', 'c' => 'option C');
$fields['select_example'] = array('type' => 'select', 'options' => $options, 'model' => 'people', 'first_option' => 'Select one...');

How can i do to obtain this data of the select field in the view's block? I really apreciate help. Thanks.

Comments

• edited 6:24PM
    You may want to look at a model's options_list method which creates a key value array:
    http://docs.getfuelcms.com/libraries/my_model#func_options_list
    Hi admin.

If i understand you, i have to use the model of the table and create the key to obtain the information? And that info will be appear in the user's view? I hope i explain correctly my problem.
    Admin.

When i try to obtain the data by this way in MY_fuel_layouts:

$this->load->module_model(FUEL_FOLDER, 'Eventos_model');

I have this error message

An uncaught Exception was encountered
    Type: Error

Filename: /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/FUEL/fuel/application/config/MY_fuel_layouts.php

I really need the information when i create the layout. This because i want to choose an option of this info.
    I'm not quite clear on what you are trying to do.
    At the moment that i create the block in MY_fuel_layouts file i want that block contains the information from the database. For that reason i try to use the model but it always return null. Is something like pre charged information in the block.

I hope make me understand, thanks admin.
    Are you using your block field type in a page layout form or in a simple module's form?