Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Image with same name overwritten in sub-folders

edited November 2017 in Bug Reports
Hi Admin,

I have 2 images like below:

/images/about_us/BOD.jpg
/images/about_us/mobile/BOD.jpg

When I overwrite an image with same name in /images/about_us/mobile folder, the image inside /images/about_us/ gets updated as well with the current uploaded image. Same is the case when I try vice-versa. Each time the latest uploaded image gets reflected in both the uploaded fields.

I have noted this issue from the master assets upload section and from the page section as well.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited 1:01AM
    Are you uploading directly from the Assets module or using a form within a module and if so what does your form field look like for the upload?
    Hi Admin,

I have got this issue from asset module and right now I trying to upload from the page.
    Here is the code for the page block.

$config['blocks']['sub_about_menu'] = array(
    'fields' => array(
    /*Some fields*/
    'background_image' => array('type' => 'file','label' => lang('layout_field_backgroundbanner')),
    'backgroundmob_image' => array('type' => 'file','label' => lang('layout_field_backgroundmobbanner')),
    /*Some More fields*/
    )
    );
    This block is added onto a page.
    Is your process that you go to the Assets module, and upload one image at a time and selecting the folder from the dropdown?
    Yes, I go to the asset module, select image and select folder location each time.

Also, similarly I go to the file upload field in my custom created page and select file and select folder. The page has the block attached, as shown above.

Thanks.
    Hmm... I wasn't able to replicate that issue exactly, however, I did notice that the $_GET parameters were taking precedence over some of the $_POST parameters on save. I've reversed that and pushed a change to the develop branch to see if that fixes your issue.
    I have pulled the code and will check if the issue is sorted.

Thanks.
    I have shared the video with you of the current behavior in a PVT conversation.