Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Adding wildcard from admin panel for page location (:any), (:num)

edited November 2017 in Bug Reports
Hi Admin,

I tried adding a location URL from the admin panel which was previously being served from the _variable file. The URL is as follow :

about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/(:any)
We need to make the page admin driven and hence I wanted to add a page for this URL, How can I go about this request. As each time I try adding (:any) or \(:any\), the characters get be escaped

Comments

• edited 1:01AM
    Try just :any instead of (:any).
    Hi Admin,

I tried adding only :any at the end of the URL but still I am not getting the page. I am getting a 404 for any fragment I use at the end of the URL.

about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/:any in the browser gives the desired page
    about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/{director-name} in the browser gives 404.

Thanks.
    Try adding the following to the MY_fuel.php 'max_page_params' config value:
    $config['max_page_params'] = array('about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/' => 1);
    I added the above line in the config file.
    Now,

about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/:any in the browser gives the desired page
    about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/{director-name/any-other-word} in the browser gives the page at "about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/" route.
    If there are 2 parameters being passed to that page then change the "1" to a "2".
    No {director-name/any-other-word} -> this was just for representation purpose, that If I use anything in the final uri_segment then I am getting the page same as

about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/

Do I have to make any change to the location parameter of the page
    about-us/board-of-directors/enterprises/:any , currently this is used as the location
    Hi Admin,
    Any luck here.. I tried allowing certain characters in the config/config.php file's permitted_uri_chars but still the same result.

I tried debugging around :any in the Pages controller of the fuel folder but didn't find anything relevant just a line which is already doing its part

$key = str_replace(':any', '.+', str_replace(':num', '[0-9]+', $key));

// Does the RegEx match?
    if (preg_match('#^'.$key.'$#', $field_values['location']))
    {
    $routes[] = $key;
    }
    Stuck on this for some time now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I think I found the issue and it's a bug in the code. I've posted a fix in the develop branch (which you can merge in with GIT):
    https://github.com/daylightstudio/FUEL-CMS/commit/a71d525e64c562e4854621e69194ac2189a1ced5
    AWESOME, it worked.
    Thanks alot..