Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Comments Form - email newsletter opt-in

rl2rl2
edited November 2017 in Share
Hello,

In blog/libraries/Fuel_log.php I have added the below for rendering to the page.

$fields['subscribed'] = array('label' => 'Would you like to receive our newsletters?', 'type' => 'checkbox', 'class' => 'form-control', 'checked' => true, 'value' => 1);

And in models/Blog_comments_model.php added 'subscribed' to the array of hidden fields so that cms administrators cannot manually over-ride the opt in and out.

The checkbox always saves to the database as 1 (the checked state).

How do I write to the database as 0 or 1 depending on whether the checkbox is checked or unchecked?

Comments

• edited 5:30PM
    What's likely happening is that if it's unchecked, it will not be passed at all in the $_POST array. If it's not seen in the $_POST, then it won't trigger it to be 0. To help with this issue, there is a public $boolean_fields property you can set on the Blog_comments_model to help trigger a 0 if it's not seen on the $_POST:
    public $boolean_fields = array('subscribed');
  • rl2rl2
    edited November 2017
    Okay tried that, didn't work. :( In my database the subscribed column Data Type is set to Tinyint, Length 1, Default '', Not Null yes.

Previously I had Default set to 1, I now have set this to 0 - and have observed that it always writes 0 - never 1.
  • edited 5:30PM
    Actually in your case, you'll need to make an adjustment to the fuel/modules/blog/controllers/Blog::_process_comment method probably around line 307.
  • rl2rl2
    edited November 2017
    Thank you, this worked form me.

$comment->subscribed = $this->input->post('subscribed', TRUE);
    if ( empty( $comment->subscribed) ) { $comment->subscribed = 0; }