Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Slug dependent field with accented characters

edited November 2017 in Share
Hi.
In one of my models i needed a slug (linked) field.
The problem was that i'm using spanish texts, and a title like "Sólo una prueba más" was "slugified" as "slo-una-prueba-ms".
All accented chars disappear.

Just by adding this line...
text = text.normalize('NFD');
...as the first line of the url_title function in linked_field_formatters.js (or fuel.min.js), did the job.

Maybe it's a good thing to add in the future for all the non-english titles. ;)

I hope this helps!

Comments

• edited 8:49AM
    I didn't even know that function existed. What line did you add it?
    First line of the function at fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/linked_field_formatters.js

// standard slugify borrowed from http://www.milesj.me/resources/snippet/13
    function url_title(text) {
    text = text.normalize('NFD');
    text = text.replace(/([^_-a-zA-Z0-9\s]|\,|\&)+/gi, '');
    text = text.replace(/\s+/gi, "-");
    text = text.toLowerCase();
    return text;
    }

Maybe there's a better place for doing this?
  • edited March 11
    Į wonder, why is it not working for me? I edited file fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/linked_field_formatters.js as suggested by @weblar above, and it works neither for specific Lithuanian characters (ąžęūčėįų), nor for the phrase "Sólo una prueba más" - slugifying eats all the non-ascii characters... I also tried reloading the page, using a different browser (to avoid caching issues). no avail...

EDIT: OK, I found the problem, it starts working when I edit likewise fuel/modules/fuel/assets/js/fuel/fuel.min.js file.
    You can browse to fuel/build and it will compile your change in the linked_field_formatters.js file into fuel.min.js