Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

Form Field Types : multi

rl2rl2
edited October 2017 in Share
Hello,

I've created the following in my model:

$tags = array('bike' => 'bike', 'breakdown' => 'breakdown', 'business' => 'business', 'car' => 'car', 'home' => 'home', 'other'
=> 'other', 'pet' => 'pet', 'travel' => 'travel', 'van' => 'van');
$fields['tags'] = array( 'type' => 'multi', 'mode' => 'multi', 'options' => $tags);

In my database I have a 'tags' column name, but firstly I don't know what Data Type the field should be?

When saving the record I get the following error:

And further down the culprit:

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'Array' in 'field list'

INSERT IGNORE INTO `kbarticles` (`id`, `title`, `tags`, `slug`, `section1_heading`, `section1_content`, `section1_image`, `section2_heading`, `section2_content`, `section2_image`, `section3_heading`, `section3_content`, `section3_image`, `section4_heading`, `section4_content`, `section4_image`, `section5_heading`, `section5_content`, `section5_image`, `published`) VALUES ('3', 'What are the different types of Insurance cover?', Array, '/test', 'Explore the different types of coverage', '

Comments

• rl2rl2
    edited 6:44PM
    Okay, I've serialized the field that seems to provide a working solution; so the chosen options are saved as JSON.
  • rl2rl2
    edited 6:44PM
    However, if tag(s) are saved and then removed fully and resaved it doesn't recognise the user emptied the field. Hmmm.
  • rl2rl2
    edited October 2017
    function on_before_save($values) {
    if ( sizeof( $values['tags'] ) == 0 ) {
    $values['tags'] = '';
    }
    return $values;
    }