Note the upgraded forum! If you are experiencing issues logging in, you may need to reset your password which should send an email. If the email doesn't arrive, be sure to check your spam folder just in case.

How to start after finished Installation?

Hi all,
after i thought that the fuelcms based on codeigniter is just another CMS like all the others e.g. Typo3 or Joomla, i installed it and now i´m stucked after logging into my admin account.
Now i´ve read here a lot about the fuelcms and that it is just "a little" different from all the others. ;)

I´ve already worked with Codeigniter and wrote some simplier own modules to get a formular working with a database.
I decided to use the fuelcms because i love the Codeigniter Framework for its flexibility and wanted to test the CMS funtions to get a little better handling to work with a WebUI and not with files.

1. Question:
I´m now logged into my admin account, how can i start creating my website?
I´ve added a new pages and set it as following:
##############################
Layout: main

Header
Page title: Home

Body
Heading: Willkommen
Body:
Herzlich Willkommen
Wir bauen gerade um.
Bis später.
##############################
I published the site but when i click on view i got the default site "Welcome to Fuel CMS......".
https://freakylabs.de/cms/home

I don´t find helpful documentation on how to start my website.

2. Question:
Are there some Skins to use like in other CMS?

Thanks for help!

Best regards,
Darkentik

Comments

• Assuming you've followed the installation instructions about enabling the CMS in ./config/my_fuel.php, then the other usual gotcha is to remove the ./views/home.php file - the the installation's hard-coded home page.
  • There are no "skins" as such. I usually use Bootstrap by loading the CSS in the header block and coding my HTML to suit.
    Of course, there are Bootstrap themes available which is useful - but I usually end up recoding my pages to suit the theme too.